Tuesday, May 20, 2008

House Head


On Sunday, I enjoyed a very special, very fantastic trip down House lane. I went to a slammin' party at Bubbles on Samson Street. My friend Vashti invited me. Her boy Ian was spinnin'. I decided to go and boy am I glad I did. To my surprise, the party was for a friend of mine, Lisa Andrews. We go way back to CAPA (Creative and Performing Arts High School) and to my undergrad Lincoln University.The party came complete with some Lincoln House Heads. Shout out to Darian, Damian, and Tammy and Julani's friend ( I don't remember his name). Now to complete this wonderful trip was a cameo by none other than Tee Alford the ultimate House Head DJ this side of the globe. And, he was spinnin' at a party later that evening. Of course, Vashti and I hit that one up too. We clubbed like we were back in college.

First, the party at Bubbles ran from 5 to 10 pm, an hour reasonable for us 40 something -year-old mommies and wives. Tee's party on 18th Street next to Byblos, I think the place is called Venango or something like that, started at 10 pm. All in all, it ended up to be a doable Sunday night party. I was a serious House Head. I mean, while in grad school at Temple, I partied almost every night and still managed to get the second highest score on my comps and graduate with a GPA above 3.0. Partying was my reward for busting my booty (as my son likes to put) studying and attending classes. In undergrad, I partied as well.

Do you remember Catacombs, the Black Banana, Limelight, Phoenix, Sunday's at the Impulse, Mahorns, Allegro/A2, Smarts, Stars, After Midnight, the Garage in NY, Red Parrot, Silver Shadow, the Palladium, Bentley's, Nell's? The list goes on and on. So, I want to thank Vashti for getting me out. I remembered so many wonderful times. I often forget the person I was before I became a wife and mommy. It was so nice to see that Rhashidah again. Now, on Sundays, I'll have an opportunity to hang out with her and remember what made us tick.

P.S. I've included a link to Tee's website Funky People On Line.

No comments: