Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Primary Election Day

My family and I went to the polls today. We think it's important to show our children the value and importance of voting. It was bit bittersweet, however. We had gotten news that the campaign didn't expect win. We were disheartened, but nonetheless, will dutifully watch the returns this evening.

I kinda feel like I'm in limbo--a limbo that will abruptly end around 8:30 pm this evening when the news outlets project a winner. I'm hoping that it is Senator Obama. Even if it isn't, for him to have come into this with a double digit deficit--and get really close, if not win--is a tremendous victory for Pennsylvania.

All of the hoopla around this primary was at first exciting, but the tactics I see folks resorting to to win are downright reprehensible. This election will probably be the subject of scores of political science classes around the country come next year. Heck, I would be interested in taking one.

No comments: