Monday, November 3, 2008

The Day before The Day and Night!

Today is November 3, the day before the election. Democrats hope (and are expected) to pick up seats in the House of Representatives as well as the Senate and the, dat dat da daw, the all important seat--the presidency. We all need to Get Out and Vote, for all of this to happen. I went to a GOTV breakfast for Obama this weekend hosted by Congressman Fattah, Senator Hughes, Councilwoman Reynolds Brown and our newest Councilman, Curtis Jones, Jr. It was well attended--about 500 people I think. And we are were geared up. Sheryl Lee Ralph, Vinnie's wife, gave a rousing speech talking about how she voted early in LA. It was a good time. We had a very busy Saturday, Trey started basketball, I had a campaign meeting, and our dog Titan, graduated from his obedience class. That night, my sister-in-laws came by for a drinkey drinkey. At every stop, the topic of conversation was Barack Obama and his campaign. I have to admit, we get some insider info. I have friends who are surrogates who've met him on more that one occasion and get backstage access. So I hear how much work has gone into getting where "we" are. I just want everyone to Get out and Vote tomorrow so that we can begin transforming this country. I'm putting out my flag today and will be wearing my red, white and blue earring tomorrow. Hass has a red, white, and blue bracelet and Trey will be wearing his Obama T-Shirt. Last week, it was Go Phillies. Today it is Go Obama!! I'm sure we'll be up all night!

No comments: